"Sex without the mind is just friction."

Wednesday 2 January 2013

To work!

I have Scrivener - the writing software I like to use - open, and a document with a few hundred words is sitting in there waiting to be added to. I have a story idea - which I'm currently referring to as Lesbian Vampire Highlander, until a title emerges - that not only works but manges to draw new ideas, characters and scenes into it every time I think about it.

In short, I seem to be writing again. I'm using the idea of doing 100,000 words in 100 days as a motivator, even if I'm not officially signed up to that challenge, and the plan is to do at least 1000 words a day on that story until it's finished, as well as writing other things as well. If things are going well, expect to see more posts here as well - starting the day with a bit of non-fictional writing is good for me to clear out my head and kick-start the creative circuits - and it's a good place to report on my progress.

On that note, I missed target yesterday and only produced 585 words. But as it was New Year's Day and I had a bunch of other commitments to deal with, I wasn't expecting to write anything, so that's almost a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment