"Sex without the mind is just friction."

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Sludge

Slow day writing yesterday, one of those ones where every word comes reluctantly onto the page, and my mind was filled with treacle. It happens sometimes, and is likely a sign that my subconscious is telling me 'this isn't a good scene, is it?', which is confirmed when the two characters in it steadfastly refuse to have the conversation I think they should be having. I mean, they keep uttering lines to each other than fit in with what they want, but then when I think of how the other character would respond to that, it doesn't take the conversation in the way I expect it to go.

The good part of that is that the characters are alive and well, even if they're looking at their author with disdain for the day. Which means only 995 words yesterday - a somewhat odd number to stop in, so close to 1000 for the day, but not quite - but real life intervened as well after I'd got that far. Total for the work in progress so far is 33,173, so I'll hopefully be above 35,000 on it by the time January ends.

Thanks to everyone who's read and voted on my latest Literotica story, especially those of you who've come here afterwards to find out more of me. Don't forget that I'm also on Twitter, and all new followers there are welcome too.

It's Wednesday and the sun is shining. Time to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment