"Sex without the mind is just friction."

Thursday 3 January 2013

Momentum

Decent day of writing yesterday, which finished as I got past 2000 words (2,009 to be exact). Wasn't intending to finish so close to the target, but I'd reached a natural break point for the day, and needed to take a break to choreograph the next scene in my head before writing it.

I'm not often one for meticulously planning out scenes before I write them, usually preferring to go with the flow, but I've found that with action scenes (like the one coming up), I need to have worked out at least a basic plan on who does what and who's where at what point, otherwise I end up getting to the end of it and realising that I've left one character standing there doing nothing throughout the whole thing. Interestingly, that doesn't normally happen to me when writing sex scenes, where the characters tend to be much more forceful in wanting to get involved...

So, on with today's writing, and see you on the other side of 3,000 words!

No comments:

Post a Comment