"Sex without the mind is just friction."

Sunday 13 January 2013

Taking the story with me

I think a good sign of being committed to writing a story is that when you're compelled to take a day off from writing it, you can't wait to get back and carry it on. I had to travel yesterday, and ended up spending a while (and longer than I planned, thanks to our falling-apart railways) on a train, where I was itching to be able to get to write and having lots of insight into the characters and where the story's going to go. It's that feeling that the story is with me, that there is some reality to it and wherever I am, I can look through that hole in the page and see what's going on.

It's a good feeling to have, especially as I got into the position last year where I thought I'd never have it again, so let's hope it continues. And while it's here, I shall make the most of it - to work!

(And no, my train journey was nothing like the one in Almost Chance!)

No comments:

Post a Comment