"Sex without the mind is just friction."

Thursday 28 February 2013

The need for an antagonist

More writing yesterday, and an entirely unplanned finishing total of 1111 words, which kept my short stories total as a nice orderly number, this time 8,765. I do like the story, but now I'm wondering if there's not enough drama in there - I'm already planning to add another couple of characters at the start to give our protagnoist someone to talk to while she's pining over her seemingly unavailable love interest, but now I think I need some sort of antagonist to try and keep them apart after they together. The way the story's structured, there needs to be something coming in to stop them diving into bed together on one day, delaying it till the next, so that could be it. I shall think over this more when starting the second draft.

Though before that I do need to get back to the work-in-progress too, as I'm still leaving it at a tricky place, not quite sure where to take the story next, and how to get our heroines out of their predicament. I'm sure by now my subconscious has worked this out, I just need to let it loose...

No comments:

Post a Comment