"Sex without the mind is just friction."

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Not quite 42

For the first time, had to check back at an old word count total here to see how far I'd got at the start of yesterday, and check I'd made it to 1000 words. I did, and the total's now 41,990 - didn't check the total I'd done yesterday before finishing, as I hadn't noticed the time rushing by and had to switch off quickly when I had to get ready to go out. Wish I'd done just ten words more to get it to a nice Douglas Adams-esque round number, though.

This chapter's taking longer to write than I expected, as a lot of it is the two main characters talking to each other about their pasts. So, it is heavy on exposition, and most of that will likely disappear down the editing chute when it comes to it, but it's still fun to probe into their backgrounds and hear them talking to each other. Also, I had a moment when I realised that I'd created a parallel between them with their stories, and how they both reacted to surprise betrayals, which might come in handy later on - it's certainly helped to build the bond between them.

But now the conversation has been broken by a ringing phone, and the message that comes on that is going to send things off in an interesting direction...

No comments:

Post a Comment