"Sex without the mind is just friction."

Thursday 7 February 2013

The state of play

I need to get myself more motivated so I write in the mornings. Yesterday was a very productive day. In the morning, I finally got to the end of Incredibly Long Talking To Each Other Chapter and started Flashback Chapter That I'm Not Sure Where It's Going on the work in progress, which was about 1200 words in total, leaving me at a grand total of 43,251 words for that. Having done that, I then went back to one of my started-but-not-finished short stories and added 1864 words to that, which meant I'd done over 3000 words in that day. OK, I realised that the short story need a page one rewrite with a couple of extra supporting characters added for it to work properly, but the two main characters are interesting and connecting well with each other.

As well as that, I also looked through my short stories folder and was reminded of several of the ideas that I've begun or done notes for, but not taken any further. There's at least six that I look at (and that's not including the one I worked on yesterday) and think 'hey, that'll be fun to write', so it seems like my enthusiasm is coming back. And because I'm in a sharing mood today, here's a rough sketch of some of them:

Anne: A lecturer is seduced by one of her students, and finds herself being led into a new world
Crossing The Floor: A relationship between two MPs is complicated by them being in different parties
Down The Rabbit Hole: A woman explores her submissive fantasies
Number Seventeen: A pretty dark tale of mind control and experimentation as an innocent student finds herself corrupted
Helen's New Girl: A relationship based on age play
Her Daughter's Friend: Kind of self-explanatory title, but looking at some of the repercussions when a relationship like that begins

There are others too, and a half-finished erotic novel about an English couple discovering a hidden French village devoted to pleasure, which is fun though quite hard to keep track of all the characters. The good thing is that I've got lots of things that are driving my imagination at the moment, so all I need to do is keep writing them down!

And with that thought, to work I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment