"Sex without the mind is just friction."

Monday 11 February 2013

Almost at one nano

Did manage to get back in the saddle and do some writing yesterday. About 1100 words, so not the epic day I was hoping for, but enough to take the work in progress over 45,000 words (45,150) and with the 3500 I've done on short stories so far this year, I'm almost at 50,000 words for the year so far, which is the equivalent of one NaNoWriMo. Sure, it'll have been done in 42 or 43 days rather than 30, but it feels good to have got off to that sort of start to the year.

Now I just need to keep at that pace and see if I can hit the 100,000 word target within 100 days - and then carry on after that too.

Also (re)discovered another couple of story ideas yesterday. Got a new phone and reinstalled Evernote onto it, and found some story ideas I'd jotted down in there a while ago. Both for longer works - probably novella, possible novel-length stories - but when I read the notes I was reminded of the idea and how they'd work, which is a good advert to noting down ideas whenever they come, as otherwise they drift away.

No comments:

Post a Comment