"Sex without the mind is just friction."

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Another day, and other words

It's all getting quite routine at the moment, which means everything will no doubt crash and burn around my ears in a little while. 1100 or so words yesterday to take the total for the work-in-progress to 55,097 and my overall total very close to 60,000. In an ideal world, of course, I'd have passed 60,000 yesterday to get back to the 1200 a day pace, but I'm fine with it as I'm still well over 1000 a day still, and I've recently been booking some holidays and time off, I'm going to need to establish a proper buffer zone to stop me falling too far back.

Broke one of my rules yesterday in where I stopped, as it was right at the end of a scene, but I can't decide if that's the end of the chapter or if it needs more before jumping back to the present day. It's the flashback to where one of the heroines meets the antagonist for the first time (the other heroine is about 200 years from being born at this point) but as friends and lovers rather than enemies. The question's a structural one - do I then tell the full story of how their relationship progressed, deepened and soured straight away, or l

And I can't remember how this post finished, but I'm sure it finished and was published, then Blogger decided to revert to an earlier draft for reasons I don't understand. Thanks, Blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment