"Sex without the mind is just friction."

Monday 4 February 2013

Back to the grindstone

As I'm sure any regular readers might have guessed would happen, after two days of producing quite a lot, yesterday was a zero day as real life got in the way of doing any writing. Weekends seem to have a habit of doing that to me, with all their distractions and my natural urge to relax and do nothing on a Sunday.

So I'm still where I was on Saturday, but I can see how the story's moving forward, as well as how to structure it when it comes to rewriting. I'm now thinking it's going to work best as two or more separate novella-length tales, rather than having the jumps between time periods. The modern story works well together, and explains itself without need for the flashbacks, and the flashback scenes likely need more space to work in by themselves, rather than merely being references back from the main text. Inadvertently, I seem to have created a series...

OK, time to face Monday and get to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment