"Sex without the mind is just friction."

Monday 11 March 2013

The seventy percent solution

It occurred to me today that it's day 70 of the 100,000 words in 100 days challenge, so it might be worth taking stock of how far I've come and how far I have to go. As I've a had a very slow writing rate for the last week or so, I felt it might be useful to see just how far I have to go in the remaining 30 days, so I know what target I need to be setting myself as I pick up the reins and get writing again.

The situation's better than I thought it would be. 56,857 words so far on the work-in-progress and 14,091 on short stories, coming together for a total of 70,948 words. That means I'm still above the target (for one more day, anyway) and need to be doing around 969 words a day for the next 30 days, if I want to limp over the target on April 10th. That seems and feels doable to me, and not too daunting after the break, so hopefully either tonght or tomorrow, I'll be back on it and heading towards 100,000.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment