"Sex without the mind is just friction."

Saturday 2 March 2013

Decision time

Getting near the end of this short story now - which is getting too long to be a short story, really - so it's getting close to the point where I'll need to make a decision about what to do next. Do I dive straight back into it and write the second draft, or do I let that stew in my brain for a while (the new characters I need to make it work don't feel fully formed yet) and go back to the work-in-progress?

I'm tending towards the second, just because it's been over a week since I've done anything on that, and I really need to pick it up again before it slips too close to my brain deciding it's been abandoned, so I can forget about it and/or start on a rewrite. I need to finish this first version, otherwise I know I'll never finish the future ones.

Yes, that probably makes no sense to any of you, but it's how my writing brain works, so it does to me. Lots of work and life stuff coming up in the next week too, so that might affect how much I get done too.

Anyway, I did get 1300 words done yesterday, so that's March off to a decent start. If I can keep that as a daily rate, then I'll hit the 100k target well before the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment