"Sex without the mind is just friction."

Thursday 4 April 2013

Closing on the target

I know that in some of my early projections I expected to have finish the 100,000 words in 100 days challenge by now, but as you'll know if you've been reading along, I've been faltering a little as I get to the end. Various others life issues have cropped up in the last few weeks to take away the time and motivation I've had for writing, which means that the last week of the challenge might be a bit of a white-knuckle ride to get to the end.

What I do know is that as of this morning, I've done 90,871 words, which means I need to do 9,229 over the next seven days to hit the target. By my reckoning, that's just over 1300 words a day, and as I managed 1972 yesterday, it has to be doable, right? I've done over 8000 words of Crossing The Floor since I last posted here, but it's getting a bit bogged down, as I'm kind of splashing about waiting for a plot to happen - I need some sort of threat to the main characters that hasn't quite emerged as yet, but that's what first drafts are about for me.

So, I've broken one of my rules and started another story while that one's still unfinished. This is a lot simpler, and a lot more erotic, as after an initial setup it's pretty much going to be just sex all the way through. It's called Becoming Anne, and I've already submitted the first part of it to a couple of sites, so I will share links with you when it becomes available to read. Hopefully, some of you will find it enjoyable, and it'll drag me over the finishing line before next Wednesday comes to a close...

No comments:

Post a Comment